Statement of Faith & Philosophy
STATEMENT OF FAITH·
- We believe in the absolute accuracy of the Word of God and that the Bible is verbally inspired and all-sufficient as the Christian’s rule of life and practice (II Timothy 3:16, 17). We believe in the total depravity of man through the fall of Adam (Genesis 3; Romans 5:12-17). We believe that the one true God is manifested in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, equal in all things as eternity, omnipotence, omnipresence, and omniscience (Matthew 28:19; II Corinthians 13:14). We believe in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ (Luke 1:26-35), His absolute sinlessness (II Corinthians 5:21), and complete justification of the believer in Christ (Acts 13:38, 39; Romans 5:1).
- We believe in the present assurance of salvation (I John 5:11-13), the present possession of eternal life by every true believer (John 5:24; 6:47), and the eternal security of the genuine believer (John 10:28-30).
- We believe that the ordinances of the Lord’s Supper and baptism by immersion are to be observed by the church in the Lord’s absence (Matthew 28:19; Acts 8:36-39; Romans 6:1-5; I Corinthians 11:23-26; Acts 2:42).
- We believe in the resurrection of all believers at the pre-millennial coming of Christ and in the review and reward of believers according to their life and works (Luke 14:14; John 5:28, 29; Romans 14:10-12; II Corinthians 5:10; I Corinthians 3:11-15; I Corinthians 15:22, 23).
- We believe in the love of God for the entire world (John 3:16), the necessity for the new birth through the Word and the Spirit of God (John 3:3-7; I Peter 1:23-25), the indwelling of every true believer by the Holy Spirit (I Corinthians 6:19; John 14:16, 17), and the uselessness of human works and merit to obtain salvation (Romans 4:5; Ephesians 2:8, 9; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the finished work of Christ through which complete and eternal atonement for sins has been effected (John 19:30; Hebrews 9:26, 28; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in salvation by grace alone through faith (Ephesians 2:8, 9; Acts 16:30, 31).
- We believe in the efficacy of the blood of Christ, apart from which there can be no salvation (Hebrews 9:22; Ephesians 1:7; Colossians 1:20; I John 1:7), His vicarious death (Romans 5:6-8; Luke 24:26-40), His visible ascension (Luke 24:50, 51), His present enthronement (Hebrews 1:3), and His high priestly ministry and advocacy (Hebrews 7:25, 26; I John 2:1).
- We believe that mankind is absolutely helpless and cannot please God in an unregenerate condition (Romans 3:9-19; 8:8).
- We believe in the immediate entry into a literal hell by every person who dies without Christ (Luke 16:19-31), the resurrection of all such persons to stand before the Great White Throne of Judgment (John 5:28, 29; Revelation 20:11-13), and the consignment of all such persons into a lake of fire forever (Matthew 25:46; Revelation 20:14, 15).
- We believe in separation from sin and the world by the Christian and a godly life to the glory of God (II Corinthians 6:14; 7:1; Titus 2:11-14).
- We believe in the rapture of the church, at the coming of Christ, to meet Him in the air (I Corinthians 15:51-57; I Thessalonians 4:13-18), the revelation of Christ at His coming to the earth prior to the setting up of His millennial kingdom (II Thessalonians 1:6-10), and the personal, literal reign of Christ over this earth for one thousand years (I Corinthians 15:24-28; Revelation 19:1-11, 20:6).
- We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of marriage. We believe that any form of homosexuality, lesbianism, bisexuality, bestiality, incest, fornication, adultery, and pornography are sinful perversions of God’s gift of sex. We believe that God disapproves of and forbids any attempt to alter one’s gender by surgery or appearance (Genesis 2:24; 19:5, 13; 26:8-9; Leviticus 18:1-30; Romans 1:26-29; 1 Corinthians 5:1 6-9; 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8; Hebrews 13:4).
- We believe that the only legitimate marriage is the joining of one man and one woman (Genesis 2:24; Romans 7:2; I Corinthians 7:10; Ephesians 5:22-23).
CHRISTIAN PHILOSOPHY OF EDUCATION
Christian education is based upon God and those absolutes established by Him. God sustains a systematic order from the vastness of space to microscopic creation. In the physical, mental, and spiritual realms, God is the personally interested Heavenly Father.
God planned and created all things. Life was not an accident. Plants, animals, fish, fowl, and man are all created and sustained in their own order and are not an end to themselves but are all working in God’s plan.
God created man in His image. Man has a never-dying soul and is responsible to God in all matters. Eternal life is available to all men through faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
When honored, God’s laws guide man’s relationships and results in justice. Under biblical principles, man has rights of individual decision resulting in personal responsibility.
Education begins with the promise that God is and ever shall be. When one is properly oriented, he discovers that life is a wonderful part of a great plan that involves time and eternity. The school, church, and home should work hand in hand to develop the whole man: body, soul, and spirit.